Monday, May 11, 2009

Stepping Back in Time

This series is something I wanted to try last year and didn't get the chance--it got cold by the time I thought of it, and the cabin wasn't ready. We received this dress/pantaloon/hat set from a friend, and when I saw the cabin that had been moved out by the historical society building here in town, I thought it would be the perfect combination! So, I waited patiently for 8 months until they got the cabin off the cement blocks and the weather warmed up, and as soon as I had a free evening I took her out for just a few quick shots. Unfortunately the night we chose was VERY windy, so she had a lot of trouble fighting with her hair and the hat; in retrospect I would have waited for a calmer day, but I think the feel of these is still what I was after!









These last ones were taken behind the building and out of the sunlight, so they have a different feel to them.






Hmm...I wonder how these would look in black and white? (though I suppose for them to be realistic they would ALL have to be in black and white, hehe)

No comments: