Saturday, January 26, 2008

Finally!!

After much anticipation, my new (used) D200 arrived at 2:00 PM today via UPS, along with my new 50mm 1.4 lens (hello camera, goodbye $$!).



iIt has been a harrowing ordeal, but after:



1. Realizing I didn't have the right memory cards

2. Trying to watch part of an introductory DVD with my children harrassing me the whole time

3. Making a trip on black-ice interstate to Best Buy to purchase two CF cards that were NOT budgeted for

4. Panicking many times about breaking everything

5. Lamenting the fact that by the time I got a card the light is GONE...yep, it's nighttime, so all I've got is lousy overhead lighting and the kiddos are in bed. :(

6. Inability to attach the lens properly--hello, mounting index???? there is none!!!

7. Testing with the old lens to make sure I wasn't crazy (okay, I am, but for different reasons)

8. Multiple checks of the manual

9. Multiple checks of the menus

10. Inability to get the computer to recognize the card in the drive......it is now 12:00 AM and I have FINALLY gotten everything working properly so that I could share with you my very first photo, taken only a few short moments ago:







*Whew!*

It's gorgeous, admit it!!!! Hahaha (I should add this is unedited--this shot was just an effort to make sure the lens would autofocus!)



Oh, and don't worry, I did not really risk my life just for the CF cards. I had to go out of town for something else and we made a detour so I could get some, but hadn't realized the roads were bad until we were on them! So I figured as long as we were out risking life and limb I might as well get my memory cards!



Can't wait to play with it some more tomorrow!

No comments: