Monday, June 9, 2008

Spring Flowers

Well, now that spring is almost over, I am finally getting around to looking through some of the photos I took a month or so ago--sometimes I don't get to processing my own pictures very quickly because I'm so busy with the ones from my sessions! So, here are a few I took earlier this spring, when the cold weather finally seemed to disappear and the flowers started blooming at last!

In case you are wondering, photographing flowers is something I've always loved to do, and kind of what kept me interested in photography as a hobby through my teenaged years; well before I ever considered having people as my subjects! :)

Earlier in the spring, when our crabapple tree was just starting to sprout little buds


I was unable to get the shots I had hoped for with these, thanks to the harsh sun that day; oh well, they do adequately portray how very sunny it was! :)




Later in the spring, when the crabapple tree was full of blossoms! I love this time of year; this tree makes our yard look so pretty! If only they stuck around longer...






I love the way the pink blossoms look against a perfect blue/fluffy clouded sky! I don't own a zoom lens yet though, so this is the closest I could get.






Some more recent ones, of the funky flowers that grow on a vine on the fence we share with our neighbors:




No comments: