Friday, November 28, 2008

Our Family Photo

I'm still holding out on the Christmas pics (sorry!), but thought you all might like to see this year's family photo! We took it in October, and after much debate over how to go about getting a nice picture of us, we decided to finally invest in a tripod and a remote, so that we can always do our own family picture, and as a bonus I can use it for my maternity photos. :)

We weren't sure how it would do, but we picked a day to get it done and realized that I'm not nearly as good about planning my OWN photo sessions as I am everyone else's! My youngest daughter had nothing to wear that went with anything the rest of the family owned, and we hadn't planned out dinner. And I had just gotten the tripod/remote and had to test it out an hour beforehand. So, a quick trip to the store in town and my daughter had a dress that would work, and we decided to eat quickly before heading out to the campground for our photo. Unfortunately this left us approximately 20 minutes of sunlight to work with! Oops! Brief panic ensued, but amazingly everything went great after that. It only took us 15 minutes to get a photo we were happy with. Turns out my girls are MUCH more cooperative for a camera that has no one behind it and is "magically" operating on its own. Who would have thought? So they happily stared at it, fascinated, the entire time, and it was only mine and hubby's lack of photogenic-ness (if that's a word) that ruined most of the photos. We had so much fun doing this! Here is the one we ended up choosing:



We could still use some practice with the set-up, but I thought we did pretty well for our first try!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay, rachel!!! you guys are such a cute family! it's so nice to see you looking at the camera. :)

Jay said...

very cute I love th pink