Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree

Am I ever late posting these! :) I'm finally getting caught up with my backlog from the last few months (but still haven't had a chance to do anything with the 50's Sunday pics, to the person who commented about those, sorry!), and realized I never shared these. So, here they are to spark some happy holiday memories!

I put the camera on a tripod and shot these in the dark, because I wanted to capture more of the ambient light from the tree, and keep the girls in silhouette. I changed the aperture to make the lights show up as a star shape. These were the result of an experimental first try, but I'm looking forward to trying again this Christmas with hopefully a new lens and some better results! :)







After adding some light from the other room


...and one of each of them sitting under the tree


Don't you love the scowl? She perfected that during the weeks before Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh rach these are awesome!!! I love the glow.
From the light, not your kids, owie someone looks ticked!