Monday, February 4, 2008

Brrr!!

Well, here we sit, after yet another Iowa snow/ice storm...this one seems to have been more snow and less ice, and with the warm temps today a lot of it has melted, leaving us with a world of slush. Yuck! Anyway, it would be difficult to top the last major ice storm we had, in the very beginning of December. The trees looked like they were made of glass, and were just about as fragile! I went out the next day with my camera and my insanity, with tree limbs crashing down all around me and water seeping into my boots, and took dozens of photos of everything encased in ice! It was quite the experience! I never realized ice could be so difficult to photograph, but I guess it is as close to invisible as you can get! :)















This is my hubby's car. Gotta love the lens distortion!




My husband was out the day after I took the above photos, and found this rose completely preserved in ice. Knowing it would be a great subject to photograph, he came and got me right away...he wasn't too happy when he found out I borrowed HIS shoes to tromp through the snow to photograph it, though! :)


Another of my hubby's great finds...maybe I should get HIM a camera!

No comments: