Saturday, February 16, 2008

My new trick!

Yesterday I remembered another reason I wanted the D200--I can use my speedlight off-camera! The way this works is you hold the flash in your hand or mount it on a tripod, and you set the flash and the camera so that when the shutter-release is pressed on the camera, the on-camera flash triggers the other one to fire! I can't wait to play with this some more...it will be so nice not to have the heavy flash mounted to the camera! Obviously I haven't come close to perfecting this technique...I skimmed the flash section of both manuals quickly, and tried it out in the five minutes before I had to be somewhere. Looking forward to working on it tomorrow--sounds like we're about to get snowed in...again!

These were all taken with the flash held in one hand and the camera in the other--the first one with it pointed at my daughter (who was sitting on hubby's shoulders), and the last two bouncing it off the wall behind me.



don't ask me why she is wearing this hat--she just went and got it and put it on herself. :)


No comments: