Monday, February 18, 2008

They wanna be like me!

On Sunday church was canceled again, so I decided to try out my new backdrop! Wanting something different from the usual solid colors, I followed some online instructions and made my own muslin. I used three different shades of paint and hand-blotted it in separate coats onto the fabric. It took me about three hours and I probably burned 500 calories...I love how it turned out!

I also used this opportunity to play some more with the off-camera speedlight, which I mounted to a tripod and bounced off the window behind me. My children were bribed by Daddy with candy, but due to time constraints and sugar limitations we were only able to get a handful of shots. My favorite:



Where is my older daughter, you might ask? Well, she is sitting next to me with HER toy camera, taking pictures of her sister. :) Aww, they want to be like me!

Here are a few others--not really great shots of the girls, but to show my new homemade muslin:


(For this one we bribed big sis--toy camera in hand--into the photo by promising a trip to Grandma's house as soon as she let Mommy get a photo of her with sissy)


Little sister good-naturedly posing for both Mommy AND big sister

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the new background! So professional :)