Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Transformation

Just want to share the results of an ongoing project at our house. When we moved into our house, the living room had been wall-papered, and we have put off all this time tearing it down and updating the living room--we knew it would be quite the job! Finally I decided that, with a new baby coming, it was now or never. My mom agreed to help out (thank goodness, or it would never have happened!), and spent several days over here tearing down paper and painting. It was a huge task, requiring moving most of the living room into the dining room during the project, and we had the kids around at times as well. Once that part was complete, we needed to find curtains, which proved to be just as difficult! In the end, I purchased some fabric samples online, then the fabric after we had chosen one that was close to what I'd had in mind at the start of the project. *whew* Once the fabric was all here, my sister--a.k.a. sewing guru, lol--brought her sewing machine over and made the curtains. I helped with measuring, pinning and cutting and so forth, but I don't know how to use a sewing machine--just a camera--so again, couldn't do without her. :) I guess it's safe to say this was a family project, so a big shout-out to them for their hard work!! Anyway, we finally finished the curtains this weekend and I wanted to share the results!

Here are some "before" photos I was able to locate on my computer (pardon the children's toys...the living room doubles as a playroom right now!):




...And the results!




Now I just need to take some more coordinating photos of the kids to blow up on canvas for the walls! :)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

HOLY COW! I cant believe that is your LR! I am like in shock. Looks great. I totally cant believe it. Its like night and day.
:)

Anonymous said...

The sky puked on your living room, lol.

Just playing, I like it a lot!