Saturday, August 30, 2008

It's Here!

The new lens arrived via UPS yesterday, and I've already been giving it a workout! :)
Here are some shots I took yesterday afternoon, just to try it out, and some from tonight for fun. Will post more pics taken with it tomorrow:

First two shots with it :)


(Note the yellow slide reflected in her eyes!)


Just to show you the focal range I can get out of this thing, here are two admittedly-not-great snapshots...taken without me moving an inch. wide angle:


and zoomed in all the way:


...and let that also be a brief illustration of why you don't want your portraits done in dappled light :)

This afternoon we ate lunch out on the patio, and I had to go get the camera and play with the lens some more, because sitting across the table from my daughters I couldn't help but notice the gorgeous light in their eyes. Sorry they were almost done with their corn-on-the-cob (a.k.a. "popcorn" as the oldest calls it), rather than just taking the first bite.




Her eyes look like sparkling jewels the way the sun was hitting them, don't they?




(I know, I know, the poor things can't even get away from the paparazzi when they're eating!)

No comments: