Saturday, August 2, 2008

Self-Timer and a Tripod

Time for me to be on the other side of the camera! I've been wanting to try putting the camera on a tripod and use the self-timer to see how well I could do with it, and the other night I finally had the opportunity! My littlest one was up past her bedtime and I had some time, so we gave it a go. She had so much fun with it! She normally isn't into getting her picture taken lately, but I guess she thought it was a nice change to have me IN the pics with her (and she also got extra kisses out of the deal). I had her sit where I wanted to set the focus (though she didn't always stay put, so the focus didn't always end up where I wanted it to, lol), then I set the camera and pushed the button, and had ten seconds to scramble over and join her. She loved it! Ever since we did these she has been asking if we can do pictures again. :)

Here are a few of the ones we got; all processed in black and white, since we had to take them in our living room.









She's giving me a kiss, but I wish she was turned better so you could see more of her face




We took the camera off the tripod and put it on the floor for these :)










Finally I was worn out from all the running back and forth, so I said we were done. She wouldn't hear it! She said, "You go sit there. I take the pitcher." So, I did as I was told. She moved the camera, pushed the button and came running over, "Hurry, hurry, hurry Mom!" Then immediately jumped back up, "Stay right there; I gotta check it! Hurry, hurry!" LOL, she is such a little mimic! It was so cute, and her second try at it she nailed the focus and I'm still a bit awed that my two-year-old was able to produce this image (processed for her by me, of course!). Note the anxious look on her face as she stares down the camera--she was so concerned about whether it would do what it was supposed to do!


...and here's the little photographer by herself, doing what she does best--being silly!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hurray, i'm so glad you posted so many! you are too SO photogenic. these are just lovely, tender moments between mother and daughter. you will cherish these forever! :)

Jay said...

I love the feet shot and the last shot of her be silly is very sweet

Jkennedy said...

love love love these! i want you to do some like this with both girls and give me copies....well give me copies of these two i really want them! so good!

Charlene said...

your pictures are beautiful! just wondering, though -- don't you have a remote for your camera? with all the other do-dads, it seem that a remote would be nice, too -- keep you from all the running back and forth. of course, sometimes that running is all the exercise us moms can fit into a schedule, eh? truly lovely work, girl!
--charlene--