Sunday, March 2, 2008

Links

Things have been so busy lately, I haven't had a chance to update as much as I'd like! But I wanted to quickly mention that I have added a "Links" list to my page, and you can view the list on the right-hand side, below the "About Me" section.

Included in the list of links are the web pages or blogs of different photographers I admire, for whatever reason--whether it be their work, efforts they have made to help me in the learning process, or both (mostly both!). Feel free to check them out; there's a lot of good stuff!

Additionally, I have included a few links to other interesting photography blogs, as well as a "Bereavement Photography" link to an organization called "Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep". This organization exists for parents who lose an infant and would like to preserve the memory of their precious child. These are professional photographers who volunteer to provide their services for families who are referred to them. Though viewing the photos on the site is heart-wrenching, it is also amazing that there are people out there willing to donate their time and skills to help these families in their time of grief. They do a beautiful job and I'm sure the resulting photographs are forever treasured by the families who have lost a child. I am including this link because I want to spread awareness of this organization's existance, and if a family you know someday suffers a tragic loss such as this, you can pass along the information and provide them with a way to preserve the last moments they have with their baby.

I hate to end on a sad note, but I guess this would be a good time to remind everyone to give your children extra hugs and be thankful for every day with them!

No comments: