Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring Family

I recently did a session for a family with three young children. The kids were all super adorable, and the little one did an excellent job of helping me "test the lights" before we got started:



Of course the end result that both parents and the photographer are hoping for is that elusive "perfect" family photo where all members are looking right at the camera and, if not smiling, at least sporting a pleasant expression on their faces. The reality, though, is that 90% of any session involving young children looks something like this:



...and that's okay! This type of photo is the one that will bring the giggles and smiles later--the stuff happy memories are made of!

Of course we still want to get at least one of those "everyone-looking-at-the-camera-and-smiling" shots out of every session, and fortunately my wonderful subjects (and the use of my "secret weapon") gave me that opportunity as well:



But I still love the fun ones, especially when everyone is interacting and having a good time!


Lastly, I was fortunate to grab this shot towards the end, and thus it is a definite favorite from this session:

No comments: