Saturday, May 3, 2008

Couple of Turkeys

I know I promised some session pics, but lately I've been having fun with capturing things that are happening in my own life, so have lots of those to share! My husband and brother-in-law recently decided to take advantage of turkey season, and spent the weekend out making their best turkey noises and trying to find something to shoot. Good times! My sister and I of course stay home with the children and hope they fill their tags quickly so we don't have to endure too many more of their hunting expeditions. Last night they each bagged a turkey (I will spare you the details!), and excitedly insisted that I "bring the good camera" into the backyard to memorialize the event. The girls happily joined us, and were totally thrilled that daddy brought them "sleeping turkeys" to pet!

Only "hunting" families can probably appreciate this...the hunters because it somehow fulfills some primal instinct to stalk their prey and bring home dinner...the wives because hey--at least if they're going to spend $$ on turkey tags, they may as well bring something home to show for it! And besides, doesn't *everyone* wish they had a couple of turkey carcases on their lawn?

All members of PETA and those who feel squeamish at the sight of dead animals, stop reading here!



Last chance...can't say I didn't warn you! :)


Alright...think Thanksgiving!

(I will leave it up to the viewer to decide which ones are the turkeys!)


Hubby with his turkey




Yes, my brother-in-law is pretending the turkey is talking to my daughter, who is a bit uncertain about it. Can you blame her?


Everyone look at the camera and smile! (turkey included!)





...so will my children be warped for life by the talking/sleeping turkeys? Hard to say. I think, though, that they will be much more traumatized in the fall, when they find out that daddy also hunts deer, and dinner just might include a large portion of Bambi's mother!

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Nice!

sassycat said...

I just want you to know...ALL of your pictures are amazing. You have a vast amount of talent, incredible. Those babies ARE PERFECT!!!

Anonymous said...

Turkey #1 - *scratch* *scratch* -grunt- -grunt-