Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Trip to the Zoo!

This weekend some of my family and I took the kids to the zoo. It was an overcast day, but fortunately we didn't get rained on! I took along the D40 and kit lens, since they don't get a lot of use anymore. Here are just a few of the 200 images I got that day (it was hard to narrow it down!):

First we stopped to feed the geese and fish


Then headed over to the petting zoo to feed the goats and ride the ponies.


Some of the animals are not meant to be petted!


...but that doesn't stop Kara!! This pig needs a HUG! (note my brother's arms reaching to pull her back)


Thought of the day? "It's getting me!!"


A few of the giraffes were duking it out "giraffe-style". It was pretty funny to watch.


LOVE this one!


Here my brother is trying to reassure Kara that the angry peacock is NOT going to get her. She is unconvinced.


My nephew was thrilled by his first train ride! (note: that is my sister's face in the photo, NOT my thumb)


Reagan wanted to sit by herself on the train. Last year she sat on my lap and I didn't have to buy her a ticket. She's growing too fast! I sat next to her, of course, which made it a little tricky to get this shot.




We finished with a ride on the carousel. Note the expression of great joy on my daughter's face.


Reagan has never been a big fan of carousels, but for some reason loves to ride the bench! (It was nice that my sister-in-law took her this time, because those things make me dizzy!)


We had a lot of fun, but after awhile it became clear that it was time to leave and put a certain bunch of young'uns down for N-A-P-S!!!!!



No comments: