Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mexican Dresses and New Backdrops

While we were in Mexico we picked up a couple of dresses for the girls. Since I had just ordered two new colors of seamless paper, Chestnut and Crimson, I thought I'd use the opportunity to try them out and get some pictures of the girls in their dresses. We spent about 20 minutes total--we work fast! I had trouble getting full-body shots since we were in my living room with my 50mm lens, so unfortunately depending on where I was sitting and where they moved, I wasn't able to get everything, including feet, into the frame in most of these. Oh well, it was just for fun. :) My little one was in a pretty silly mood and would much rather beat up my paper than be photographed on it, but I did my best and got a few really good ones of my oldest; she was totally in the mood for pictures!

Here is the Crimson:









Chestnut:










...and these are on Sky Blue, which I have used many times but I had to try it with this dress:




This one made the whole 20 minutes worth of chaos worth it!

3 comments:

Jay said...

I like the 7th picture were she rolling on the floor she looks like she have so much fun !

Anonymous said...

I love the new backdrops!!!! Reagans blue dress looks so pretty against that brown; I cant wait to do Rykers pics with some of those backgrounds. Now I need to plan the outfits ;)

Anonymous said...

rachel, these are great!!!

i never did ask you why you went to mexico!

shoot, i wanted to tell you my favorites but when i go back, i lose my post here. let's see... your older daughter on the crimson, just the top half of her is gorgeous, your younger daughter full body on the chestnut are two of them! excellent!

christie