Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sweetness of Summer

Yes, I know it's not summer yet, but nothing makes you think of summer like lemonade, right? Last week my mom gave my kids little lemonade flavor packets and bottled water. The girls were THRILLED! I insisted we stay outside to avoid sticky messes inside the house, and they carted those bottles of lemonade around all evening like prized possessions, guzzling, spilling here and there, dribbling down their chins...it was so cute! So, I ran and grabbed the camera. :)



I considered removing the dirt from their faces but decided to leave it in all but one...this is just them, how they were that night. They were already filthy when they got home from daycare (note the totally stylin' daycare clothes!), and lemonade and playing in the sand just added to the messiness!





This one issued me a firm order of, "Don't take my picture!"


...followed by a scowl


Then I heard from across the yard, the words every photographer mom longs to hear: "Take my picture, Mom!" I looked over and there was my little one, sitting so cute...she just sat there and waited with a little smirky look on her face so I could take her picture!




I managed to get another one of the sourpuss later, after we changed her shirt due to excessive spillage

No comments: