Friday, May 2, 2008

What I've Been Up To...

I realize I haven't been around much, so wanted to share a little of what I've been up to. I enjoy participating in "study groups" with other photographers--reading books and experimenting with different settings on our cameras. It's a lot of fun, and it's nice to get out and just enjoy taking pictures for the sole purpose of filling up hard drive space. :) (well, that and learning new techniques, of course!)

Here are a couple recent ones. I will spare you the results of the "take an interesting photo of something in your bathroom" challenge. This particular project involved taking many photos of one object using several different lenses at different focal lengths. Bored with the swing itself, I put a kid in it here and there, and got a few cute ones...though I will again spare you--the ones of my older daughter she is picking her nose. I'll just save those to show to her future boyfriends. :)

At first it was fun...



...but she quickly tired of it:



I of course pretended not to notice and kept snapping away. My kids must love me by now!

For my next experiment, involving the control of a single light (thanks to my hubby for the use of his desk lamp), I chose a more agreeable subject:





Just wanted to let you all know that I am still out here having fun, even though I've been "absent" from my blog! Hang in there, tomorrow I will post some stuff from actual sessions! I know it's been awhile, so I have quite a few to share over the course of the next week...hang in there! :)

No comments: